• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

buleetu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the top of my stand pipe,.i cut the tee and elbow to make them a little bit smaller, its 5" across

im using ordinary plumbing, i also have the reducer to bring the 1 1/4" im using down to the bulkheads 1" diametre

am i on the right track

Attachments

• IMGP4679.JPG
    IMGP4679.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,391
  • IMGP4794.JPG
    IMGP4794.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,393
  • IMGP4791.JPG
    IMGP4791.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,395
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks right to me.

I put a PVC end cap on the top of mine. I didn't glue it in place. I drilled a hole through the end cap and the pipe inside. Then you can twist the end cap and make the hole smaller creating an adjustable air flow hole. IIRC, this was one of the mods on the Durso website.

Louey

buleetu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the end cap im using doesnt have a pipe behind it, when i drill the hole it will the only hole for letting the air in (or out as the case may be)

ill drill the smallest hole possible and then gradually make it bigger if i need to

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I can see is that Carlseburg glass in the back.

JK, the Durso top looks good. Very stylin' in fact. 8)

You can drill a small hole in the cap to squeeze in a piece of airline tubing. Attach an air valve to that and you can adjust it easily.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep. I cut down fittings all the time. As long as you have a bit of area to glue you're ok. remember there is no real pressure on this end of it. It's a drain.
B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: