partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Everyone!
I cant believe it! I bought my co2 system on 9/19 and its already empty!!
I ran it for about 8 hrs a day with 1-2 bubbles a second. Is this normal? The cylinder is 9 inches tall from top to bttm. I just cant believe it I was told it would last a cpl of months. I guess Im going too have to get the bigger cylinder.

Attachments

• co2 001.jpg
    co2 001.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 151
  • co2 002.jpg
    co2 002.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 151

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Try to use liquid soap and water solution then apply it to all fittings/connections in the set up to see where bubbles come out.
My 20 oz paintball tank set up lasts me around 5 mos before refill. It is set at 1-2 bps and on 24/7. I do have a CO2 reactor though.
So that one was really quick.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Jeff what is a reactor. Im sure there was some kind of leak. Pacific wants 200$ for a 5lb cylinder thats just a little pricey. What I may do is see how much a regulator is and just refill this one make sure there are no leaks but really I have no idea. How do I know I dont already have a regulator lol I looked up regulators and they look just like what I have unless Im missing something?

Attachments

• reg 001.jpg
    reg 001.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 141
  • reg 002.jpg
    reg 002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 138
  • reg 003.jpg
    reg 003.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Jzhou
Yeah I totally agree. Im trying to figure out if I should get it refilled or go bigger. I have some Teflon type I will put on it when I get the canister refilled. I have a feeling that is where my problem was. I was able to turn the cylinder a quarter of a turn yesterday so that was prob the issue. All the tubing was in place. As soon as I get this one refilled or replace it windex here I come

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: