masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
The gel you want to use and can get from CVS, HD, Lowes or anywhere else is called cyanoacrylate gel. Regular super glue is the same, but a much thinner liquid.

The advantage to the IC Gel and why so many people here prefer it is because it is even thicker than the standard super glue GEL. It works great underwater, is strong and also comes in much larger tubes than the cheaper ones mentioned above.

These larger, better tubes of IC gel can be purchased from Josh and not only work better, last longer (larger tubes), less expensive (I BELIEVE they are $5 or $6 each), no shipping, AND, you will also be helping to support Manhattan Reefs.

So there you have it.

swimmer

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The gel you want to use and can get from CVS, HD, Lowes or anywhere else is called cyanoacrylate gel. Regular super glue is the same, but a much thinner liquid.

The advantage to the IC Gel and why so many people here prefer it is because it is even thicker than the standard super glue GEL. It works great underwater, is strong and also comes in much larger tubes than the cheaper ones mentioned above.

These larger, better tubes of IC gel can be purchased from Josh and not only work better, last longer (larger tubes), less expensive (I BELIEVE they are $5 or $6 each), no shipping, AND, you will also be helping to support Manhattan Reefs.

So there you have it.

swimmer

Wow didn't know that were can I find Josh??? I bought some at the frag swap.. Works good... But I like the large sizes too....No shipping... Can I meet up and get some more.. Like 3 tubes..

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Wow didn't know that were can I find Josh??? I bought some at the frag swap.. Works good... But I like the large sizes too....No shipping... Can I meet up and get some more.. Like 3 tubes..

If you bought it at the swap, you probably got it from Josh. Just PM him here. Surprisingly his screen name is Josh ....... go figure :rolleyes:

R

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I did not hear back from Josh, but was able to find it on Ebay for $4.75 per tube and decent shipping price. Here is the Ebay Item number. Still available.
I purchased 5 tubes and is waiting for its shipment.

Item number: 190131883107
rtCurve.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: