Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
ECFENCING, i might go get some acrylic and try myself. if you want, i can TRY to build you one. keyword is TRY. lol all you got to do is pay for the material. i might do it as a weekend project. i need a sump for myself too. let me know

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah sounds good. Where do you get your acrylic? I've order from US Plastics before and they've been pretty good.

I know spykes has built a few. I'm in Jersey and would like to get out and help you. I think the easiest way is to get a glass tank and then get the acrylic for the baffles.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
ECFENCING said:
Yeah sounds good. Where do you get your acrylic? I've order from US Plastics before and they've been pretty good.

I know spykes has built a few. I'm in Jersey and would like to get out and help you. I think the easiest way is to get a glass tank and then get the acrylic for the baffles.

Check Ebay, I just purchased a bunch of 1/4" x 24L x 12H for a refug.

here is the guys store...

http://stores.ebay.com/eStreetPlast...rcQ5fvicQ5frsccQ5fpr4Q5fpcnQ5fQ5fstoresQQtZkm

I believe the prices were decent. He sells individual and multiple sheets. Definately check it out.

Rich

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Rborgia said:
Check Ebay, I just purchased a bunch of 1/4" x 24L x 12H for a refug.

here is the guys store...

http://stores.ebay.com/eStreetPlast...rcQ5fvicQ5frsccQ5fpr4Q5fpcnQ5fQ5fstoresQQtZkm

I believe the prices were decent. He sells individual and multiple sheets. Definately check it out.

Rich
If you plan on filling anything you build out of acrylic with water make sure you buy name brand material. it must be cast acrylic or your asking for trouble.
because someone calls it plexiglass, don't assume it is.

I looked at his e store no where does he say what the material is he only refers to it as plexiglass. blue masking is a dead giveway that it's imported ( inferior to name brands such as acrylite GP, Lucite, Plexiglass)
by the way the name brands always have names and very important info printed on the masking.

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i've been to Canal Plastics. they seem to have good stuff at decent prices. i also have a friend in the related field, im going to see if he can get me some. other than that, it seems like a fun project for the weekend.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
hrmmm....

Thanks for the info... Didn't even think about it, figured it was all the same.

Well I plan to put groves into the joints to help strengthen it. It will be used as a 24"Lx12"Hx6"W refug for a 30 Long. I will give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks for the info...

Rich

NYPDFrogman said:
If you plan on filling anything you build out of acrylic with water make sure you buy name brand material. it must be cast acrylic or your asking for trouble.
because someone calls it plexiglass, don't assume it is.

I looked at his e store no where does he say what the material is he only refers to it as plexiglass. blue masking is a dead giveway that it's imported ( inferior to name brands such as acrylite GP, Lucite, Plexiglass)
by the way the name brands always have names and very important info printed on the masking.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: