gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm looking for a way to dose addititives to my sump (Magnesium , kalkwasser and top off water) and am trying to figure out a clever way to get them added into the talk using a multi controller top off system that would use 90% of one liquid and 5% of the other liquids. Not sure if there's something out there like this, but I figured you guys would know.

I've also heard of horror stories when the float switches get jammed up for some reason. I'd like to safegaurd myself from that as much as possible.

Nate

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
You need a dosing pump for adding additives, not a top off controller.
From your description, sounds like one product would meet your needs which would be a Litermiter III.
Base module and additional remote module to control 2 separate dosing lines and a 3rd remote module with the top off switch for your top off evaporation.

gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
WOW! PRICEY!!!!

I was thinking a bit cheaper hopefully, but I may have to stick to the old measuring spoons and stir method.

Right now I dose my Kalk with a DIY dripper. I was hoping to figure out a way to trigger three pumps in different tubs to squirt additives back into the tank. I'd have to adjust the amt let in by each of the pumps with some airline valves.

Isn't that just what this L III unit would do (but with a fancier display)?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: