A

Anonymous

I just thought I'd share my success (so far) with my yasha whiteray goby Stonogobiops sp. After reading Scott Michael's article, I decided to give one of these fish a try. She is housed in a 6 gallon nano tank with a "red and white banded pistol shrimp" Both were accquired from liveaquaria.com at separate times, and paired almost instantly. She always has her head out of her burrow, but rarely comes out more than that. I feed her newly hatched brine right now until I can wean her onto pellet or frozen food.

A

Anonymous

:D The only way I can even see them is by looking through the side glass between two chunks of LR and holding that position for 5 minutes to wait for them to come out. Then I get to see just the head or antennae of the shrimp, and maybe a fin of the fish. Not exactly picture worthy yet....but once they get more used to the tank I'll definitely be taking pics. I did a TON of searching on yasha gobies online, and I did not find a single picture anywhere of one with a shrimp partner. I read many people's experiences where the two ignored each other as well. I hadn't seen the goby in 3 days when I introduced the shrimp, and she came out immediately to inspect the new arrival. The shrimp clicked at her for awhile but then settled down in her burrow.

A

Anonymous

Well, here's a pic of her before she found her friend....

Attachments

• yashagoby.jpg
    yashagoby.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,337

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: