vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
thinking about getting one of these but was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

I dont have a canopy so I wanted to know if this was a big jumper. It would be going into a 90 gal with about 120 lbs of rock and a 2" sand bed. The other fish in the tank are:

sailfin tang
hippo tang
6 chromis
lmb
2 yellow clown gobies
lamark angel

This would probably be my last fish. If you dont think this would work perhaps you can suggest something else. I want something that will possibly stay in the lower part of the tank.

Thanks.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It's no different then any of the other wrasse. A lot will depends on what other fish you have and how they react with the wrasse. The setup of the tank, rock work and water movement and just that the wrasse can be spooked easy, whether it's the lights coming on or during feeding time.

To house any of the wrasse, even the larger ones, you really should have some type of cover or you're taking a chance.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I love my yellow coris! Eats mysis, pods, flake & pellet. Good with my other fish.
My guy hasn't jumped, though my Gramma has..go figure.
I do have a mesh cover on my tank since I have a number of wrasses.

My only complaint..he won't stay still for a good pic.
P3230056_640x480.jpg

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got my yellow coris when it was only 1"
Great fish always out and about, not shy at all.
Eats anything I give it.
Gets along with my hippo tang, blue sided wrasse, 2 false percs, royal dotty, algae blenny, cleaner wrasse.

No complaints.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
As stated above any wrasse ( and many other fish really) have a chance at jumping, but I wouldn't put the yellow coris-- actually not a coris---but Halichoeres chrysurus or any Halichoeres among the ranks of the worst jumpers like flasher or fairy wrasses. Since they bury in the sandbed, their first instinct when frightened is to head downward. Not a sure thing of course, but a reasonable risk IMO.

Randy

sporty

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have one that I got from mike almost a year now and I have lucked out thus far that he hasn't jumped out,even though I have a canopy but theres a lot of open spaces.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: