lskywalker5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello all,

I am interested in starting a "frag tank" for only zoas/palys (Its a deepblue 12 cube). What equipment should I get for max growth. Also, I am not in it for the money... but maybe just a few bucks here and there. The tank is not drilled. Also where should I get the equipment?

Jhoehlein

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That would work fine. You don't even need to use the stock sponges, you could just cut strips of blue bond. Just make sure you keep up with topping off, if the water level goes down the waterfall that comes out of the filter will splash around and create a ton of salt creep.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Tbh I have no experience from the Chinese par38s, that one you linked is very powerful though, 54W is very high. I had a single 24 watt over my 6 gal nano when I had it setup and it was growing SPS easy. I got mine from OCreef. Com along with the reef clamp. I've heard positive reviews about the rapid LED par38 as well. You don't want dark corners that's why I suggest getting 2. 2 hydor nano powerheads should do the trick. Are you going bare bottom or with a substrate?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little 12" cube frag tank too

I use a full spectrum Par 38 lamp, 12 x 3w leds
for flow I use a miniature Tunze pump ans have a little filter for extra turnover and so I can use phosphate and carbon if needed. At the moment I am just using filter floss to polish the water ;)

As its such a small volume of water I am doing a regular water topups with my display tanks water

Managing to get growth on my sps too so happy so far, so I cant see you having any problems either

20140314_175957.jpg

20140314_180248.jpg

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
dontforget waterchanges with that small of a tank is the most important thing you need to do. that white egg create is gonna leach out phosphates you should of went with black. IDK if this egg craate has been in water before but, im just speaking from what just happened to us. Go with BLACK EGG create.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: