Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey All,
I am reaching out to the community here for a good cause.

There is a small elementary school here in NYC that is looking to fill a 150g saltwater tank they have prominently displayed in their main atrium. Unfortunately the tank has laid bare since everything died early in the COVID pandemic in 2020 since the school was closed and nobody was able to take care of the tank.
All the children, ages 4 through 14 pass this tank every day, and it is so unfortunate that they have been missing out for so long on something that genuinely enhances their educational experience.

I have been working with school's administration to bring the tank back to life and have already personally donated and installed all the equipment needed outside of the tank itself including brand new lights, sump, overflow, skimmer, powerheads, ATO, phosphate/carbon reactors, LR , sand, etc, etc ,etc.

Thankfully, the tank is fully equipped but now they need to fill the tank with livestock and they need the MR community's help!

The school is in need of fish, inverts, and corals.
The goal is to stock this tank with soft and LPS coral as well as eye catching fish and inverts.

If anyone has anything they can donate to help these children please post here or feel free to DM me!

Looking for any of the below.
NOTE: Of course, the school would be open to take livestock not on the below list, however before accepting I would have to evaluate whether the donation would fit with other tankmates that have already been committed by others so as to maintain a healthy tank environment.

Fish
Yellow Tang
Blue Tang
Watchman Goby
Firefish
PJ Cardinalfish
Longnose Hawkfish
Clownfish (a pair would be phenomenal)

Inverts
Cleaner Shrimp
Snails
Hermit Crabs
Bubble Tip Anemone
Long Tentacle Anemone

Coral
Soft
Xenia
Mushrooms
Zoas

LPS
Hammer Coral
Frogspwan
Candycanes
Bubble Coral
Plate coral

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
I am reaching out to the community here for a good cause.

There is a small elementary school here in NYC that is looking to fill a 150g saltwater tank they have prominently displayed in their main atrium. Unfortunately the tank has laid bare since everything died early in the COVID pandemic in 2020 since the school was closed and nobody was able to take care of the tank.
All the children, ages 4 through 14 pass this tank every day, and it is so unfortunate that they have been missing out for so long on something that genuinely enhances their educational experience.

I have been working with school's administration to bring the tank back to life and have already personally donated and installed all the equipment needed outside of the tank itself including brand new lights, sump, overflow, skimmer, powerheads, ATO, phosphate/carbon reactors, LR , sand, etc, etc ,etc.

Thankfully, the tank is fully equipped but now they need to fill the tank with livestock and they need the MR community's help!

The school is in need of fish, inverts, and corals.
The goal is to stock this tank with soft and LPS coral as well as eye catching fish and inverts.

If anyone has anything they can donate to help these children please post here or feel free to DM me!

Looking for any of the below.
NOTE: Of course, the school would be open to take livestock not on the below list, however before accepting I would have to evaluate whether the donation would fit with other tankmates that have already been committed by others so as to maintain a healthy tank environment.

Fish
Yellow Tang
Blue Tang
Watchman Goby
Firefish
PJ Cardinalfish
Longnose Hawkfish
Clownfish (a pair would be phenomenal)

Inverts
Cleaner Shrimp
Snails
Hermit Crabs
Bubble Tip Anemone
Long Tentacle Anemone

Coral
Soft
Xenia
Mushrooms
Zoas

LPS
Hammer Coral
Frogspwan
Candycanes
Bubble Coral
Plate coral
I have an assortment of frags, ill pm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: