Please help me with the following fellows, excuse the crappy pics, my new dig cam will be here shortly... Please tell me HOW TO TELL the difference and whether these are true peppermint, feel free to include your own pics...

View

View

View

View

View

Thanks!!

A

Anonymous

These definately look like Calem Shrimp to me. The way to tell is the tail. On a peppermint it flows straight to the tail, exactly like a skunk cleaner. On the camel there is a hump halfway down the tail.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to have to go against Guy here (hate to do that).

I think they're pepps. Those don't have the very pronounced hump that the camel does. Also, all of the camel shrimp that I have seen have white stripes in addition to red ones. Go to FFExpress to see some pics of both to compare.

Ty

Barbie

Experienced Reefer
The stripes on my peppermint shrimp go straight back, no cross hatching. They ARE in the bag, so I would assume some loss of color due to stress. Sowwy
icon_sad.gif

Barbie

A

Anonymous

After looking more closely I'm leaning toward peppermints, but the band around the abdomen has me confused..

Hmmm... after I look at Flying Fish Express pics, I am strongly thinking I truly do have peppermints... this seems to go well with what the lfs guy said, "camelbacks bodies are not as clear, but have white stripes..."

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: