Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
We are always trying to improve our events, and the best way for us to do that is to get feedback from the people who attended.

We want ALL feedback, good and bad.

You have two options for leaving feedback.

1. Post a reply here stating what you liked or didn't like about the event (all topics are fair game).

2. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can send an email to [email protected]. Messages to this address do not display a From: field. If you leave feedback via email, please be descriptive and specific as we do not have a way of replying to these comments.

:tongueani

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
everything was good, food, the people, the raffle's ect. finally got to see randy's tanks, plus for me, been trying for 3 yr's lol on a comment that was made by someone else, for me as someone who really has gotten serious in collecting sps over last yr or so, you dont see much that you dont have or havent had, which i guess is good because it kept me from spending as much $. selections were good, seem's as the coral fades change every 6 months the stuff brought to the swaps by vendors change, dont get me wrong there was a ton of stuff to choose from, but i'm not into chalices, acan's or lps, and with having 40-50 sps already not alot that i didn't have, but i did get a few piece's ive been after { red planet } and a piece from joe at manhattan aquariums :splitspin . myself alot of the swap is getting to see people ya only get to see at the swaps and meet new people. im just glad it didnt rain this time

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I'll say it to get it out of the way. IT WAS HOT. We know, no need to reiterate it. There was nothing we could do about it.

I think the swap went very well. The food, speakers, vendors, and the tour were excellent!!! I should have joined 3 Pratt Reef tours to refresh and cool down with the air conditioning :tongueani.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Did people think that the food service worked better this time? We did not seem to have a problem with long lines for food which was an issue the last time we were in Pratt.

Now that you mention it, it definitely was better! The past swaps would have long lines, plus they would run out of pizza too quick. We did much better this time around!

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
this might sound too sarcastic so this is just MY OPINION

as compared to NJ swap last Fall, the food is not bad, was too hungry to care, but eating place needs to be address, most people were just standing, the place is just way too small and too few vendors.

I do not know about the price to rent a place but if we can bring in more vendors and reach out to LI and NJ clubs to involved to find a bigger place. Don't mean anything bad but Pratt and Pace are just too small

Last edited:

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I was there the night before and I liked the way the room was set up compared to past swaps It looked more accomadating and reading through all the post the only huge complaint is the heat other than that I envy most the other post and how this vendors set-up was this or that and how one vendor was showing members some rock work, I wish I could have gone and stayed the whole day I need to sweat off some pounds and enjoyed it.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Randy it was Super hot LOL.....mayb a playpen/kiddie corner wud be cool just kidding

Overall the swap was good.... i think the only thing that shud be changed is where the food is served....how bout serving the food where the speakers are usually set up... the line goes in and people come out and hopefully people will throw out their own garbage :mad: I would keep a small table with the water and cups in the center of the room as well as a garbage can :) Although i didnt buy much it was great to just hang out with my peeps....

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I think people finally get the message that space is limited and if you don't get your ticket soon, you will not be able to attend once it is sold out. A big header to state that for the next swap will catch people's attention so no more waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Non-vendor swap sales... is it a possibility to set up something so that those that are selling their coral frags and meeting others at the swap can have a place to congregate? Maybe a table.

Just a suggestion as it seemed as if this year there were much more member sales than last year and as the site grows so will that number more than likely.

Also I feel as if those selling their personal coral frags at the swap should have to pay a different ticket price, vendors pay for tables, seems only fair to those selling corals at the swap to have to pay a small fee, given they have such a great outlet to unload extra frags conveniently.... Just my opinion. :eek:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Not sure if it's good or bad nor the reasons-people are coming earlier and leaving earlier than before.

I am basically nuetral after weighting the bad and goods of the swap. As I am always a mild person, I did hear both praises and complaints too-but complainting people seems less publicly vocal-fear of retaliation/retribution/ban? Something to think about.

My own complaint is about myself not being able to tour Pratt's tank for 3 times attending!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
complainting people seems less publicly vocal-fear of retailiation/retribution/ban?

We would not think of banning someone for expressing their opinion about the event, provided they were actually in attendance. A lot of people work to make each swap better than the last one, we can only do that if people tell us what they liked and didn't like.

Let me be emphatic, WE WANT YOUR COMMENTS. If you don't want to voice it in public, just use the [email protected] email address.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Non-vendor swap sales... is it a possibility to set up something so that those that are selling their coral frags and meeting others at the swap can have a place to congregate? Maybe a table. :eek:

This suggestion is particularly interesting! I heard a lot of vendors are not coming because they found "non-vendor sales" are conducted right in front of their doorsteps. This helps to bring in more far away vendors(thus new stuff) and also help members to locate their peers in more organised manner(thus help propagation of species already in New York). However, a table seems not enough-may be a seperate trading room/corner where trades between members are allowed.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
what is the SWAP for???

a SWAP is, of course, for swap too-just more organised, there is no mentioning of not allowing to swap.

In fact, I don't even mind to ban all vendors(that includes me) to sell too and just swap. But to have both types of entities in the same place, we need a way to compromise. When both entities are buying wholesale and trading in cash, that's legally a sale-just licensed or not, reporting to IRS as income or not, sleeky or up front.

Even though I know you are not one of them but many swappers are not just swapping.

May be the title of future events can change to SWAP and SALE and may be hold two types of events one for SWAP and one for SALE

Last edited:

lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
When I joined in '04, it was for members to trade/buy/sell livestock, collect their group buy purchases and hang out with like minded folks. Vendors and the associated fees came years later....

Thanks Deanos.

However, a table seems not enough-may be a seperate trading room/corner where trades between members are allowed.

Huh???:scratchch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: