vangoghfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Okay, I will be building a new 70g cube, 30x30x18 mixed reef. I will have one RBTA, possibly a LTA, one pair of designer clowns, sixline or fourline wrasse, blue dot watchman goby. Coral banded shrimp and cleaner shrimp, fighting conch, many other small cleaner snails, last fish will probably be an African Leopard wrasse.

I was going to have a copperband butterfly as the king of the tank, but may pass on that since it seems 1 yr is max anyone I know of that had one, I had one for about that long a couple of times. So if I pass on the copperband, how about some input on the king fish of the tank, needless to say I want a peaceful tank, low feedings if possible. Was thinking about a Yellow Pyramid or Semilarvatus butterflies, or possibly a pair. Was thinking about a small school of bartletts or dispars, but afraid, of having to feed too much. I am not spooked by fish that are hard to acclimate, as I had a moorish idol for a couple of years, and sold to another MR member that had a 450g, when I broke down my 155, that idol was thriving, along with some rare tangs.

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I kept both butterflies fish the yellow pyramid is reef safe had him for near two years died cause stopped eating ! i think it was caused by low ph when i used gfo for first ever in my tank!!! also the semilarvatus had him for 4 years until sold him as he grew and could not put him in my reef system! i will try heiniouchus butterfly like 3 of them!! look for the one that have a rounder belly shape those are reef safe!!

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
We have a pair of the Zoster's (yellow pyramids) in our 120g. Very cool fish and they haven't even nipped a coral let alone eating it. Some say they're hard to keep but we have had no problems. Within a day they were eating like pigs.

I would stay away from the sixline though. That may end up being the ruler in your tank. They can get pretty aggressive. There are soooo many awesome Wrasses out there that IMO are nicer than the sixline. You may want to look into them. We have, at least, 10 Wrasses in the 120 and all is harmonius. My favorites are the Radiant Wrasse and the Mystery Wrasse.

As far as the Conch, wait until your tank is up and running for months, maybe even a year, before you add it. They feed on the microfauna in the sand and won't survive long in a new tank. You can spot feed them a bit but they will be much happier if you wait.

vangoghfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow howze01, that is a lot of wrasses even for the 120g, what other fish are in the 120?
Do you have any clams in your tank with all those wrasses? Curious to know the fish livestock list in there. Also let me know your inverts any shrimp? Would love to see photos of your tank.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
OK, it's actually my roommates tank but I always say "ours." He admittedly has it a bit...packed, in terms of fish but all seems well. All the params are very stable and right on point. He does vodka dose though.

So, fish list is:
Wrasses:
Solar
Lubbok's
Radiant
Mystery
Cleaner
Red Velvet Fairy
Leopard
Filamented Flasher
Vrolik's
Orangeback Fairy
Yellow Coris or Banana
Maybe more, I can't remember them all

Other fish:
2 Zoster (Yellow Pyramid) Butterflies
Coral Beauty Angel
Blue Spot Jawfish
Target Mandarin
Yellow Tail Damsel
Orchid Psuedo
Purple Pseudo
Yellow Nose Goby
Pairr of B&W Occ's
2, maybe 3 Purple Firefish
Lawnmower Blenny

Inverts:
2 Porcelain Crabs
pair of Harlequin Shrimp
Red Banded Pistol Shrimp (with Yellow Nose Goby)
Few Sexy Shrimp
One Squamossa and 2 Maxima Clams
Some Emerald Crabs, and the regular CUC

Corals:
A lot

Here's a link to his tank thread on another site
http://njreefers.org/showthread.php?74832-GluttonousSolarWrasse-s-120g/page3

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: