saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
im upgrading to a 57rimless tank and i want a pump that will do a great job and these two are my final choices!, while im using the mag 5 im going to want to eliminate the two seperate pumps and use one pump for return and to power my two reactors and still have a descent flow.

i have looked at the specs for both pumps and like good things about both , water blaster great 3 year warranty and 92% eficiency while needing only 22 watts of juice to run. @ 500 gph

ehiem 1260 needs 65 watts to power it but also puts out 140 gals and hour more than water blaster , if you look at the specs they both offer great power and differ in gph or in head power but both are great pumps with only about a ten dollar difference in price.

which one would you get ????

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Good question.
Eheim is a well trusted name and that extra 140 gph will help if you are using it for double duty.
The Waterblaster is nice due to the low electrical consumption and the shaft & bearing being made of that material that doesn't allow calcium to 'stick'..first I've heard of that.

If you use kalk in your system, you might want to pick the Waterblaster.

For proven reliability you might want to chose the Eheim.

One thing to keep in mind..you really don't want to depend on your return pump for flow in your DT. DT flow should be provided by a pump that is only dedicated to your DT. The faster you flow water through your DT & sump, the more evaporation you will have..and that dampness will translate into your room, walls and house air in general...just some food for thought :)

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
thanks kathy, i just wanted a good amount of flow down to the sump , i will not be using this return to compensate for circulation thats for sure , im gonna go with mp10s for that, but what would you go with if you had to make this choice?, i am really relying on the vets and pros of this hobby this time around lol, lets hear it boys and girls , chime in as i want to order my pump asap!!

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I've owned both companies. however at present I'm using a WB and all I can say is that it's a great pump. electrical consumption is good, heat transfer is non existent and as for reliability- these pumps haven't been out very long for a good review, but the consensus is very good.

Just my twenty cents

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
thanks kathy, i just wanted a good amount of flow down to the sump , i will not be using this return to compensate for circulation thats for sure , im gonna go with mp10s for that, but what would you go with if you had to make this choice?, i am really relying on the vets and pros of this hobby this time around lol, lets hear it boys and girls , chime in as i want to order my pump asap!!

...well...you can't have 'a good amount of flow down to the sump' without having the same amount of flow for the return..ya know? ;)

Personally, I'd pick the Ehiem based on it's proven reliability.

I've owned Laguna products before for my pond...I currently have a Mag 24 for circulation on my 2000g pond...if that tells you anything ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: