njfish77

Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
Are there any experianced reef keepers close to bergen county that can help me out with my tank? Everything is close to perfect on my tank but I can not get rid of micro bubbles in my tank.I feel I took every precaution when setting up to make sure I didnt get them and I feel Ive tried everything to fix the problem. Please if anyone feels like they can help me send me a PM or text me at 9737679299. I will pay you to come out. This is really depressing me seeing as I have a beautiful tank with great equipment and it looks so cloudy due to the bubbles.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i have microbubbles in my tank and its no problem, i understand it might be aesthetically unpleasant. maybe post a pic of your equipment setup, power heads n such to see where these bubbles are coming from

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Aren't you in Lodi? I might be able to swing by to take a look. I've always solved my issues but most of the time microbubbles are caused by setup layout. This can easily be figured out with a remedy with pictures or a video.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
How old is the tank? In a newer tank, micro bubbles are very common. Once the pipes gunk up a bit, they usually subside.

Other things to check:

Is your skimmer output putting out a lot of bubbles? Where is it in relation to the return pump?

Is the return pump picking up bubbles from the skimmer, or sucking in air because the water level is low? You can sometimes add a PVC elbow angled down to aid in pulling water from lower in the sump.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: