Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I noticed my clam contracting yesterday a bit more than usual and today I notice it's missing it's (nose)

I dont know if it could of been one of my fishes or what
Would it regrow it back?is it going to die?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1342742568.637330.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1342742568.637330.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 254

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Flame angel ?

I know angels Tend to nip at mostly anything.. 50/50 chance with them but mines have never touched none of my corals or clam in the time it's been in my tank
Can they do that out of nowhere?

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
ok the fishes that you have mention could nip at the clam but at the same time if they would done so they will go back especially the flame and the trigger need to keep an eye on them from pic clam does not look bad at all. so a bit hard to too do so if you like to spend time to film the tank for one day you can see actually what's going on! or take chance to leave in it or remove ! def. not a crab cause he would finished it !! let us know any progress

sig45

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How long have you had clam w/ these fish?
Croceas are high light, strong flow clams. Largest byssal for attachment. Probably should move higher and away from other corals.
Incurrent siphon is correct term.
Croceas are hard to keep IMO. Notorious for pinched mantle dz.

Sig

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
ok the fishes that you have mention could nip at the clam but at the same time if they would done so they will go back especially the flame and the trigger need to keep an eye on them from pic clam does not look bad at all. so a bit hard to too do so if you like to spend time to film the tank for one day you can see actually what's going on! or take chance to leave in it or remove ! def. not a crab cause he would finished it !! let us know any progress

That's what I'm saying. They just not going to bite a piece off and that's it, but the only fish I've seen touching the clam was the melanarus.
Would it grow it back?

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
How long have you had clam w/ these fish?
Croceas are high light, strong flow clams. Largest byssal for attachment. Probably should move higher and away from other corals.
Incurrent siphon is correct term.
Croceas are hard to keep IMO. Notorious for pinched mantle dz.

Sig

That clam is one of the oldest live stock.. It has about 1 1/2 year.. But the trigger and the flame only been in there for months.. My lighting is pretty good for the clam
I have a 8 bulb tek fixture and my tank is 24" high

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly, the clam from the picture looks pretty healthy, is normal for a fish to swim around it and mess with it. Did you see the melanrus wrasse or flame angel physicacally pick off a pc of flesh?

if you are concern, +1 on isolating the clam in the sump or currently remove the wrasse and angel to the sump. But like I said b4, the clam looks pretty good from your picture

also keep the alkanity, ph, calcium in check and good lighting so the clam can be in optimal health incase there's issues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: