Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
ok so some time last year my tank contracted red bugs and aefw. i figured i got rid of the aefw with a simple dip of the coral and it was not to be seen again. the red bugs was a little more tricky, after a long arduous hunt for interceptor i came across 4 doses and dosed accordingly never seeing them again. as some of you know i am away at school leaving the care of my reef to my dad for who the most part does a wonderful job, i was home for a short bit earlier and noticed some color loss in 2 of my acros. i was curious because i knew everything was perfect so i dipped one of the pieces and found aefw. after this i tore apart about 1/3 of my reef to dip in a mix of fresh and bayer advanced complete insect killer i got after the red bug incident. the first piece i dipped i just threw out because i had 2 frags growing out doing great, the other is a rather large colony of ora red planet. so after about 5 minute dips of the corals and surrounding rocks and then about another hour and a half of trying(but failing) to make everything look back to normal like before i ripped it apart. am i free or do i have to do more dips? i heard of some wrasses being natural biological predators to these aefw, if so which ones are they? also this is the first outbreak i have had since that initial problem months ago and have not gotten any pieces that would have had aefw on them

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
other than the red planet colony which im sure is on its way out, all i have left is a hawkings blue colony and about 4 frags, i think im just going to wait it out and see what happens because i heard that they can only last 5 days without food source. i will be home again on friday to do another dip and to do a better job at putting my tank back together. hopefully i dont find anymore worms when i dip

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i heard 5 days without food source and 3-4 weeks egg life cycle, if this is to be true 5 days for the pre existing ones then adding the full 4 weeks, to be on the safe side 5 weeks if a younger one lays some eggs, then another 5-7 days leeway for the last ones to hatch and die off with no food, so rounding up to 7 or 8 weeks.....in theory if that is to be true

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Found this guy a few weeks ago, almost forgot about it til now when I found Something that said they could be up to 11mm in length

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1349231397.291797.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1349231397.291797.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 188
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1349231414.468803.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1349231414.468803.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 191

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: