Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Since I set up my 180 I have not been able to keep clams in it (I had to set up a completely separate system for them!) because I have an infestation of parasitic worms that I spotted going after one of my clams at night (many years ago)

My question is- will a high enough dosage of inteceptor be enough to kill off all worms in this system?

I am planning ahead and want to wipe them out before moving forward with the other planned "upgrades".

I tried catching the worms, but after catching more than 10 I finally just gave up...

Best,

Alfred

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
interceptor will not kill them a dose high enough to kill them will kill everything else, besides that is a waste of interceptor for someone who could really need it for red bugs. the dose that would be required to kill them would have to be astronomical because i double-tripple dosed for the 4 doses i did to get rid of the red bugs and everything else was still fine

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Interesting thread here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1286326

According to this it might kill the worms.
Do you know for sure these worms are still in your tank, you did say it was long ago that you had this issue?
The downside is it will also wipe out your pods. :(

I'd also go with adding a Melanarus to keep any worms in check.
(bristleworms don't eat clams btw, only if they are already dead)

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Randy, I had a plague of Oenone Fulgida. These are the worms I am looking to wipe out in my 180. They eat clams (and small fish, apparently) at night. They also decimated my Astrea snails... (They cover them in mucus to suffocate them and eat them)

Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: