ReefNut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I discover red flatworms in my refugium area tonight.I cant see any in DT but if there are in fuge then I'm sure they're in DT.
Not a happy reefer!
I added some cheato a few weeks ago and thats probably when they were introduced.
Its been awhile since I've had to deal with them.So is Flatworm Exit is still the preferred treatmnet?
Also does FWE kills all the good critters(pods) that I finally have in fuge?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
get a wrasse like sixline

He has a fuge...wrasse cant kill them all. Also 6line is a super aggressive fish that ends up being mean and kills other fish..bad recommendation.

FWE does not kill pods. Just follow directions and do the required water change(s) bc FW release toxins when they die and a large dieoff from FWE could cause major problems.

Spsnut

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate chemical treatments. If the flatworms are in the fuge, take it off line and treat it. Off the top of my head I don't know the egg cycle, but you will have to keep it off line and keep treating untill the next generation is gone. You may have caught it in time. I would use a halochoeres vr. in the dt.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: