PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Started with Tropic Marine Pro for 2 years... my SPS never really did much. I ended up running out of salt and couldnt find TMP anywhere local, so picked up Red Sea Pro and havnt switched back yet. Ever since I switched to Red Sea Pro, my levels have been more stable and my SPS growth has been phenomenal.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Im on my last batch of Esv, thinking of switching back to something else. to much mizing here and my levels aren't stable all the time.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I use for many years, Red Sea Pro. find up lots of precipitation, form on my make up water (20 gal.) bucket (i guess Ca ) also some corals stress right after water change (i like 8 up to 8.5 dkh) then that kind of precipitation, for sure mess my sand ( i go back on sand, no more BB) so i decide to go ESV, just by using ESV, the white stuff on the bottom of my make up water bucket, GONE , corals show more welcome to ESV salt, then AV make me disc.(i think for all MR forum) , i use plastic cup (the one they give free) to measure, so far so GOOD, i see NO reason to switch to dif. salt. I use MTC (big one) Calcium Reactor + Kalka Stir, my # stay there very accurate , Ca 425. Alk 8-8.5 dKH, Mag. 1300.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
ESV 200 gallon mix is making 170 gallons at 1.026
I am also seeing a spike in PO4 when I actually think my phosphates should be down after a water change. I need to check it next time I make another batch. Also I'm reading threads in other places that are saying .14,.35,.6 just numbers on PO4 that are all over the place. All other parameters of the salt are pretty much consistent across the board. Mag, cal, alk ect are all in line except for PO4. I suggest a new thread and poll testing for PO4 on this so we can compare within our own trusted community of reef junkies.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Mabe it could be 180 but hard to tell a 5 gallon variation between my two drums but it definitely isn't making 200 gallons.

I've been using ESV for a few years, and I usually open 2 or 3 boxes at a time and pre-measure the 4 ingredients into 60g batches (my weekly WC), so I have gone thru many 200g packages...and they seem to make 200g.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I've been using ESV for a few years, and I usually open 2 or 3 boxes at a time and pre-measure the 4 ingredients into 60g batches (my weekly WC), so I have gone thru many 200g packages...and they seem to make 200g.

I have 2 100 gallon containers that I make salt with. I make batches of the entire 200 gallon boxes no measuring needed only measurement of salinity which is 1.026 and that makes around 170 to 180 gallon more or less.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: