don

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gfo inside BRS canister reactor becoming solid and appears calcified white cloudy film attached to inside walls of previously clear canister now turning opaque white? using original pump matched by BRS is the flow not strong enough? help? using separate pellet reactor w warner marine eco bak pellets change gfo every 20 days..........need solution to prevent solidification of gfo

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
do u dose kalk? where do u does alk/cal?

i have same problem when i does it near the pump, make sure it is dosed in high flow area and mix well b4 flowing into gfo reactor.

and of coz make sure ur cal lvl is not super high and have a balance between cal,alk,mag.

don

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I will have to replumb pump location for supply and see how it goes I am dosing three part into sump but it is not that far from pump intake I will move to upper tank overflow corner chamber this should make a difference I will re post after I make changes thanks don

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I over did it when I was running two part and the alkalinity caused the gfo to turn into a rock. I noticed this white residue everywhere on the sump and pipes. Once I lowered it, it flowed freely and stopped caking.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: