Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi- I am looking to implement an algae scrubber to my 120 reef tank. Tank has been up and running for aprox 1 year. Just wondering if this is only a way to reduce no3 and po4 or are there other beneficial reasons to adding one. Would love your advice.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
110% Yes.
Reduce nutrition, i think may increase PH, reduce PO4, Nitrate close to zero , depend how good you may build the Filter , light, water flow. I run now to cure 660Lb. Pukani Rocks, PO4 is zero after 2-3 months.

You see the last pic. FULL of hair Algae, that was the reason to remove all and cure and run the A.S. Now is zero Hair Algae.
Check DIY Algae Scrubber, in this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1976.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1982.JPG
    IMG_1982.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that looks great.
I don't have any hair algae, and my nitrates are less than 8ppm. I wonder if I add an A.S. would I than have to dose supplements for the corals? Als my Po4 is at 0.03. Will I than be dependent on the A.S. going forward?

Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Wow that looks great.
I don't have any hair algae, and my nitrates are less than 8ppm. I wonder if I add an A.S. would I than have to dose supplements for the corals? Als my Po4 is at 0.03. Will I than be dependent on the A.S. going forward?

I think depend the size of A.S.
if you good, just ignore the A.S.
Do use any GFO ?, curios how you maintain 0.03 PO4.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
then i will make a Algae Scrubber and stop using GFO, i got both Hanna PO4 and UL , i got 0.02 ( NO GFO) or grow Chaeto, the problem w/Chaeto need a way more room (4x) compare A.S. more Light, love flow and PAR high intensity to grow well (2.700 K).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: