a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey Guys!

Does anybody feed their Ricordea Yumas with solid foods? I was trying to feed some freeze dried worms to mine over the weekend and it did not go so well lol. I held the food over it's mouth for like 20 minutes and it didn't really respond. Any feedback? Thanks!

Jason

Mreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i used to feed mine formula one marine pellets but quite a few times the fish would steal it before the yuma could put it in its mouth. furthermore, it didn't really increase growth or division, at least not that i could see. however, what i found that did have a huge effect on growth and division was moderate water movement and placement close to the top. i have 130W pc lights.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
They are in the anemone family so yes light and flow is a good thing for them. You could also feed one night a week after lights out. I do and my corals have less competition for food with my wrasses asleep to they get some food.

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a few big ones that eat silversides...otherwise mysis works well too.

+1 on the mysis. I use it for most of my Corals that eat. I made a little feeder out of a childrens medicine syring and some rigid air tubing. I thaw out a cube of mysis to feed the tank, suck some up into the tube, then gently shoot some onto the Rics. The mysis kind of "sticks" to them and they slowly work the food into their mouths. It's pretty cool.

a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i bought some mysis shrimp from Jim@house yesterday, i'll give it a try today. i just hope the current won't blow the shrimp away. maybe i'll turn off the powerheads for a few hours

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i never really spot feed mines and they seem to be doing well.. i feed my fish a few times so think they get there food from what flow around in the water i do run my lights for 8 hour tho ..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: