thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have a bunch of space in my tank right in front of my MP20. Can you guys recommend an SPS that can thrive in enormous amounts of flow? I've tried a few up there and it was just a little too much (Green Slimer, Stag, Montipora.)

Thanks!

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
You're not suppose to place any SPS directly in front of any powerhead with "enormous amounts of flow". Either give some distance between the SPS and the powerhead, place it off to the side, or lower the flow down to lowest setting and then you can probably put it about feet in front of the powerhead.
SPS loves lots of flow, but not a flow like a jet stream in their face. Alternating waves to the point where you see the polyps waving constantly is perfect IMO

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You may be able to get away with it if you can put the powerhead on a controller that alternates the flow.

Alfred

I have a bunch of space in my tank right in front of my MP20. Can you guys recommend an SPS that can thrive in enormous amounts of flow? I've tried a few up there and it was just a little too much (Green Slimer, Stag, Montipora.)

Thanks!

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Agree with all the advice here. I have had success with random and indirect flow. I have my Tunze streams set up in the back of the tank to pulse and create a nice surge, wave-like action.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: