tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Anyone use one? Was looking into the pinpoints and found there is nothing i can leave in constantly to monitor my levels which is what i was looking for. Plus everyone says they are a pain to use over and over. Calibration locks up, doesn't give proper readings sometimes, setting it up to read is more of a hassle than manually testing using a test kit.

Anyways, post your thoughts.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I've heard the same Tony. There are none that can be left in the tank from the reseach I did either.
I had the Pinpoint one and sold it a while back - I think Dom bought it, might ask him?

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i've heard that they are just a PIA, needs constant calibration and swapping out probes on a timely basis. i rather just take out the test kits being i still have to test for alk and phos

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
i owned a pinpoint calcium monitor for a while. they suck. they constantly go out of calibration, you cant really just leave it in the system, and when the probe dies (after only about a year or so) you have to spend $150 for another one...

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Anyone use one? Was looking into the pinpoints and found there is nothing i can leave in constantly to monitor my levels which is what i was looking for. Plus everyone says they are a pain to use over and over. Calibration locks up, doesn't give proper readings sometimes, setting it up to read is more of a hassle than manually testing using a test kit.

Anyways, post your thoughts.

Nope. It's the nature of the beast. Unlike something like a pH or ORP probe, which measures electrochemical imbalances, which can be done through a glass barrier, a Ca++ probe is a lot more complex and is only good for a limited number of measurements, like a RO membrane's only good for so many gallons.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: