motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i just got a 125 gallon 6ft with overflows, im upgrading from my 120 (4ftx2ft,no overflows) i built a stand and it stands 4 ft tall but i also have a spot for a 40gal breeder below in the center. in the top tank i wanna do a reef display.. below gonna do a seahorse,pipefish display... it backs to a walk in closit below my staircase where i am gonna have a 40 gallon breeder as my refug and a 40 gallon tank for live rock and extra water. i wanna do a closed loop setup for waterflow bc i dont want any hydors in the tanks. im gonna have them run down into the tank and then back up in multiople locations then build the reef over it.

so heres where i need your help..
1. if doing a closed loop setup.. how much flow do i need? o have a 1inch loop with 6 1/2 inch outlets with ballvalves for adjusting rates
2. can the 2 display tanks share water? or should i separate them?
3.what size pump should i use for the refuge to pump back into the tank.. its gonna sit abt 6ft from the pump up to the top of the display tank
3. i had mh on my last set up and wanna do t5s on this one.. how intense should the wattage be for lps sps?
4. any input would help. this is a newdisplay and the largest amount of water ive ever used...help me out
thanks guys!
p.s. i know im from jersey, but i grew up in brooklyn! hah

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: