DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
If the power goes out what do you have in place and what do you run on it?

I have a UPC, Specifically APC 24 Volt Battery Pack HD $150 cheap IMO

It claims to run 6hrs after an outage but yesterday I tested it on my new pump and it only ran for an additional 2 hrs! I only keep water circulation on in case of an emergency. I guess 2 hrs is ok but i would more comfortable with longer running time. Hey I guess u get what u pay huh?

I have buy battery power air stones. One for every two feet of tank ( at least thats what i read somewhere)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I run my MP40w at about 70%. During an outage the battery backup automatically drops the MP40w propeller to 50% of my setting, 35%. Should last close to 24 hrs.

Bottom line = MP40w + Battery Backup is the way to go.

Russ

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
MP40 is the way to go. If there is a power outage I would dial mine down as much as possible as it only self adjusts to 50% of flow.

Josh which do you think is better flow or circulation in a power outage? Would nt circulation provides the most O2? hmmmm

Btw Thats a real cool feature of the MP40, I.m planning to buy another stream pump and am thoinking a about the tunze 6205 but that feature of the mp40 is something to consider. The tunze 6205 however has much stronger flow n i need something to push 6 feet across my tank.

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
overkill guy checkin in. i bought a 5500watt generator just for my tank. but where i live outages can last for days with a bad ice storm or something like that.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Sochting oxydator, I kept a mahi mahi juv. alive for 4 days in the piano.. With only the oxydator on it. No generator can achieve 100% O2 levels on a daily basis with gas or electricity.. pm me if you want one.. Everything else is waiting for the power to come on..

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sochting oxydator, I kept a mahi mahi juv. alive for 4 days in the piano.. With only the oxydator on it. No generator can achieve 100% O2 levels on a daily basis with gas or electricity.. pm me if you want one.. Everything else is waiting for the power to come on..

what is Sochting oxydator? I found Dr Sochting oxydator on marie depot for like 44 cents! is that it? and how did u use it?

TripleT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made this wheel and hook it up to my car's alternator whenever I lose power.

human_hamster_wheel_1.jpg

Seemed like the simplest solution.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: