tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
a few weeks ago the pump on my chiller seized for a day without me knowing and the temp was close to 90 when i finally realized it, after i got the temp back down to 77 i noticed over the next week that a huge green algae outbreak occured, how can i rid of this without bothering my corals and fish? of course none of my 5 tangs are eating it either lol, would a seahare do the trick? i also heard seachem magnesium? or just water changes?

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
There's no quick fix in a reef tank :( weekly water changes run some new GFO and Carbon for now and 5 tangs in a 120g is a high bio load so u have to cut back on feeding them do it evry other day and they will be fine, in no time they will start picking on the rocks.

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
A friend of mine had a algae problem and his fresh water with kalkwasser in it over pumped into the tank and it changed his salt level but then I think he added saltwater to bring the level back up to normal. so the to much of the kalkwasser in a long time frame we are thinking killed the algae The algae was gone the next day and never came back.. Im not telling you to do this. I just giving you a idea what worked for him

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: