anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Ozone park guy said something at Jarrets meeting that got me think about dosing with the dosing pumps.

I was wondering with out a dosing pump could you take a 5ml syngringe ( i know that is totaly the wrong spelling) :irked: and put cal up to the 5ml mark and have a air line tubing attached to it and have it drip slowely into the system during the day.

I was asking because I am looking into all of this now I do have a mtc cal reactor but I am wondering if that can be done to, also at the end of the air line tubing there would be a regulator for the drip

well if you think :iamwithst I dont mind

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I used an aqualifter with a gang valve to regulate flow..... dosing Kalk and carefully watched the drip and my aquacontroller over the course of the weekend to see where my levels were. Look into that or shoot me a pm or call my celly.

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Hey Matt... aqualifter looks like a small airpump.well actually it is.... it has two openings one 4 the intake and one for the drip back into the tank. i went to petland and bought thoose inexpensive Lee's gang valves. Comes with tee's and valves. Bought the propelyene silicone much more flexible and attached the gang valve to the middle of the airline tubing to prevent clogging and put it in the sump. The other end went into a bucket of kalk with a syringe attached to the hose and removed the plunger.....the part where the plunger goes into... you insert a gauze to prevent syphoning of the kalk paste and it just absorbs the kalk water.

TonyHNY

Back from a break
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I am using the Aqualifter to pump Kalk into my tank using my ReefKeeper to time it at 1 min of pump for every hour. I have the Lee valve to control the flow at aprox 30 ml/ min.
Once you get it "calibrated" at a certain location of the kalk tank and pump, you cannot move it since any movement would deviate from the 30ml/min....
It works great...THe only problem I have so far is...those cheap Lee plastic valve would start leaking kalk and leave a white spot on the floor...not a bad leak but with a little petroleum jelly on the thread, it seals quite well...For $13, i think it is well worth it since the gravite fed was such a pita....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: