marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Well it is a dual TDS meter and I installed it to where the water comes out of the faucet and then after it goes thru 4 stages of filtration and that iswhere my ouput is installed.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I have that same one Mark, and your description sounds correct :)
I am assuming at some point your output did come out at zero? ..which is where you want it to be.

First you want to change out the cartridges on the bottom od the unit - the carbon and plain white filter looking ones, and the resin if yours has a resin chamber. If you TDS doesn't come down to zero, you may have to replace the membrane (the expensive cartridge), but try changing out the others first.

Many of our vendors carry these in stock :)

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
4 stage coarlife Rodi unit.

Thanks Kathy. I just changed all the cartridges about 2 months ago. Is it a good idea to blast it with water and maybe that will clean them out (not the membrane) but the other ones.

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark

You can not have a output of .003 ppm TDS no TDS meter goes that low. You meter with that number must me in Siemens. Who's meter do you have ?

I need to know TDS of tap water, TDS of RO water to the DI, NOT the TDS of the waste water, which goes down the drain and TDS of the water leaving the DI. A RO will have two lines, one waster water and one clean RO water. The clean RO water goes to the DI input line. The "dirty" waste water should go down the drain.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: