coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
can anyone tell me why the yellow polyps are hard to keep? they are the ones with long pointy sweeping tentacles. I feed these things and yet they still crash.
I havent lost the entire colony it has just thinned out. my params a perfect and these are the only ones not doing well. any suggestions?

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
thanks guys... if I remember, I think most zoas like derty water. if you keep perfect params for sps ect, perhaps that the reason those crap out? perhaps adjusting the number of hours a day the skimmer is on for may counter balance this???? dunno, but its worth a try.

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
thanks guys... if I remember, I think most zoas like derty water. if you keep perfect params for sps ect, perhaps that the reason those crap out? perhaps adjusting the number of hours a day the skimmer is on for may counter balance this???? dunno, but its worth a try.

I think its that they like high nutrient water. I have yellow polyps but i cant keep xenias. lol

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Funny but a lot of people consider Yellow polyps to be weeds and pests. But as has already been posted, some people can't keep the easiest things alive but have no problem with getting hard stuff to grow like crazy.

This is the case for me. In my tank these yellow/green polyps are the hardiest critter I've ever had. If any body wants some, I've got plenty! :division:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: