• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

T

THEDLO

Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
well....they are supposed to be like sunlight...so im sure it would be a bad idea to look right at them

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
yes they do but thats why the unit that the de hqi comes with usually has a uv protective piece of glass blocking the uv rays. The single end hqi have this uv protective glass around the outer part of the bulb. So long story short dont look at a halide in the first place but especially with the uv screen off

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
yes they do but thats why the unit that the de hqi comes with usually has a uv protective piece of glass blocking the uv rays. The single end hqi have this uv protective glass around the outer part of the bulb. So long story short dont look at a halide in the first place but especially with the uv screen off

+1- the whole reason why if your glass breaks you cant just go to a glass shop and get a piece of regular stuff cut to use in its place with a DE bulbs fixture, itll bleach your corals

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
wow i didnt know you cant run the mh bulbs with out the glass. that it would bleach corals. i still have my 2 pieces of glass. thank god.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: