• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello All,

Over the past few months I have had a sudden urge to get hard to keep fish. My new venture is a Beautiful Regal Angel. This guy certainly has an appetite as I bomb my tank with mysis and arcti pods. As usual, my other fish are rabid. So I am trying to figure out ways to feed this little guy with as little harassment as possible.

Has anybody tried the Formula One/Two cubes with Gel Binder. I was researching and got mixed reviews with the use of the Gel Binder. Are there any cons to it?

I put it to the test and I just threw an entire cube into my tank. All the other fish hate it except the angels who are picking at it as I speak.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
That's the thing it's not even really frozen. The gel basically covers it. When the gel melts in the tank the fish can take it apart lol. Not sure what the implications are (if there are any)

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have used the gel based food before and it is fine. I thaw it in RODI water just like I do for other frozen foods. Then I put the cube in an empty shot glass and mash it with my thumb to break it up. With the gel based food broken apart you can now feed it like you would feed a thawed mysis cube.

This method is undoubtabley messier that just putting the cube in whole. But if your other fish take a liking to it you can always mash it up and feed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: