• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

sroot17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Im almost out of b ionic and a friend gave me a brand new container of brs kalk that I'd like to use. What do I need to know about switching from one to the other apart from having to test frequently in the beginning to make sure I do not throw anything off? Is there anything else I need to dose with it apart from mag?

My levels today are good. I dose about 20ml of b iononic part 2 and 30ml of mag every other day in my 50g. I never dose the alk part, my alkalinity generally stays around 8 dkh without any additives.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Scott, IMO you'd be taking a step backwards. Most people go from kalkwasser to ESV (or some other 2 part). If you're dosing with ESV now, I'd continue using it. Kalk is much less precise. If you're using ESV B-Ionic 2 part, I'd make sure you're also using ESV Mg. The three parts (Ca, Alk & Mg) are a great regiment to use.

Russ

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I might add that ESV is the best 2 part supplement I have used. I am trying Aquarium Pharmaceuticals brand now..actually finished it...and I had to double the dose. The 2 little Fishies brand is even weaker. The only other 2 part that is any good is Kent, but it costs more.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: