• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Hanna put out a trate test kit or has put out. I am looking to go all hanna meeters. I am going to buy the 150$ hanna meeter test kit but I would like to know if any of you had exp. with the nitrate test from them.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
:lol:

can't wait till first Laughing Lemur brew comes out!

ok ok.. back to Hammmmmma meeters..

I'm just looking forward to sitting in a bar with LL brew on draft!

But back to topic... I don't have any experience with their Nitrate meters, but generally speaking, they're a company with an excellent reputation for quality products. If you do get it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

stlblufan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the margin of error with the trate one. What is it off by.

Their materials indicate a +/- 5% error tolerance, but the version that I got (HI736) tests phosphorous in ppb and not the traditional phosphates in ppm. There is a conversion factor from phosphorous to PO4:

multiply the reading on the checker by 3.066, and divide that result by 1000 (to convert to PPM).

I have been getting readings of about 33 on the checker, which is about 0.1ppm PO4. My Elos test kit shows 0.0. I tend to trust the Hanna.

This guy has also done some tests that show good reliability:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1844456

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
The phos checker is only 0.01 off from the big boy hanna meter . I put a post up a while back the test they ran on the checker and the hanna meter the big dog one and it was only off 0.01 ppm . The Alk checker i read is having problems not reading right or somthing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: