• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
i just noticd some brown coating on the rock. its not bad, but i'd rather have it gone. I just started feeding phytofeast and oysterfeast to my tank which is about the only thing i have changed since i noticed it. Could it be my phosphates or nitrates? i tested them about a week ago and they were very low, but that was before i began feeding. I also just bought a some more hermits and snails, What else can i do to get this algae away? Should i setup my TLF phosban reactor, will that help the algae?
here's a few picks.

(In the last picture, the rocks on the side have no algae andare not affected which is kind of strange)

Attachments

• DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0130.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0128.jpg
    DSC_0128.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 166
T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
well IME when rock is "new" or it hasnt been exposed to direct light(this has happened when i move rock around), it gets a mini bloom all over it, after about a week or so, it goes away and other more favorable alga grow in place of. no CUC? im not sure if that s exactly what ur experiencing, ur sps seem to be growing so what ever it is it cant be all that bad.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: