pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well, the first line in the description reads "The Aquaripure filter is a comprehensive biological filter which will completely remove all organic matter and nitrates in an Aquarium."

This is a rather strong and undesirable claim given that I'm fairly certain my fish are organic matter.

Matt L.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well, it is always buyer beware with different types of denitrators.

I used a sulfur denitrator for a period of time in a previous system. I was one of the first people in my area to adopt the practice. Within short order, it took my nitrates down to zero from a fairly high level. Then I began to experience problems with long term reliability. It would only work in fits and starts, would foul with bacteria on the inside, and be slow to repopulate after a media change. I discontinued using it when switched to a new system.

The denitrator you reference is a regular old heterotrophic denitrator, where organic carbon in the water is used instead of a sulfur media. We can see that from the part of the equation they reference. My understanding is that these denitrators are even more difficult to optimize.

Perhaps they have improved this type of denitrator in the past 10 years ago. I would definitely ask for several positive experiences before investing in one.

Matt:cool:

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I'm using a Midwest Aquatics sulfur denitrifier which has been doing its job for the past two years reliably without clogging. When I was researching denitrifiers the biggest complaint about the aquaripure was that it clogs frequently.

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
i have the aqua pure on my system been running it for over a year and it def worked for me u dose the reactor vodka once a week i dose 10mls in mine my nitrates were a huge problem for me mostly cause i have a lotta fish my trades were around 80ppms now 0 and i feed alot it did take a while to work though i wonder whats in it u cant open it lol who knows

clownlover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i had there old system. The first one split a seam and leaked the tank water all over the floor. the customer service was good and he uprgraded me to the bigger size. i used it for 2 years with pretty good results. its not as pain free as they make it sound. you have to feed the thing and it clogs up pretty regularly and stinks up somethin aweful. it does reduce nitrates though and if you are diligent it can work for you.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: