rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I think using 2 would be too much, a 6x turnover is more then sufficient for zoas and polys. that would be 330 gph, I would put it in the back corner and ain it to the center front glass, don't forget you also have your return pump this would be on the opposite side, facing the return nozzle and the power head in the same direction would give you a nice flow. buy them both and save the other eventually you will have more coral in your tank that will require more flow.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
personally i think it depends on the brand powerhad your using... if your using simple maxi jet 750 then its not enough. if your using an aqueon, coralife, or hydor, i think two would be better. about one foot down on left and right side aiming slightly upward. if your getting an mp10 and controlling the flow, i think that would be good with a small maxi jet.

imo, one on the left side going across the tank and one on the right side maybe behind your live rock to keep flow where your other powerhead cannot reach.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: