knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Being that I am setting up another tank, and the last inhabitant of my 40b a 6 line wrasse i've had for 7 or 8 years (that made the move from michigan to NY with me) just passed away about a month ago. I'm going to be adding new fish to my system for the first time in awhile. I have the basic quaratine setup. I'm really just curious to hear if anyone treats their QT tanks and if so with what, how long, ect. I've always just waited the normal 4 to 6 weeks and made sure they were healthy before adding them to the display tank. Not sure if that is just an old school mentality to make sure you don't have marine ich or the norm. I've picked up alot from this forum in the last year so hoping to learn something new here.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Being that I am setting up another tank, and the last inhabitant of my 40b a 6 line wrasse i've had for 7 or 8 years (that made the move from michigan to NY with me) just passed away about a month ago. I'm going to be adding new fish to my system for the first time in awhile. I have the basic quaratine setup. I'm really just curious to hear if anyone treats their QT tanks and if so with what, how long, ect. I've always just waited the normal 4 to 6 weeks and made sure they were healthy before adding them to the display tank. Not sure if that is just an old school mentality to make sure you don't have marine ich or the norm. I've picked up alot from this forum in the last year so hoping to learn something new here.

Any medicinal treatment is hard on fish, best (IMO) not to treat them for anything unless a clear need is shown.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: