Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hello everyone, this is Rich. I have spoken to the wholeslaer and he claims nothing was wrong with his shipment. He has agreed to give me a small credit toward the purchase of some additional mystery wrasses. I sold over 24 of these wrasses and to the couple of people who e mailed me already I will offer a $20 discount toward the purchase of another wrasse. I have learned a great lesson through this experience and that is no good deed goes unpunished. This experience has made me think twice about offering super specials to the club as a whole. In the future I will do the same as all of the other stores and mark things up and offer you a 10% discount when possible. It is still my goal to make this store the best on Long Island but it will not be possible to stay in business if I give out super specials and then get this kind of press. If you would have paid $100 for this wrasse and that still would have been a good price, I would be able to give you another fish, which no other fish store would do, no matter what you spend. I want to thank everyone for their input and I am sorry that the actions of few wil affect everyone. I will be happy to discuss anything with anyone in person, but this will be the last thing I have to say on this matter. I look forward to seeig you at th store in th future.

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Never heard of guarantee from LFS before. Once you leave the door it's all on you if the fish make it or not. Too bad your too far from me I would definitely like to check your store out.

+1!!!

If you would like a guarantee on your livestock then search the web, there are a few select sites that offer it but be prepared to pay a premium price + shipping!

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
I can't believe people are complaining about this. Sure it sucks when a fish dies, but bottom line, there's no guarantee.
Sucks that you have to deal with this crap Rich, you have a great store and I will continue to shop there, even making the 45 min trip!

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I can't believe people are complaining about this. Sure it sucks when a fish dies, but bottom line, there's no guarantee.
Sucks that you have to deal with this crap Rich, you have a great store and I will continue to shop there, even making the 45 min trip!

+1

To blame the LFS for the death of a fish is ridiculous. Even if the acclimation process is perfect. These fish go through a heck of a lot to even get to the LFS so if they don't make it, the LFS is probably the least of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
SO YOUR FISH DIED, SUCK IT UP..QUIT PUTTING THE BLAME ON SOMEONE / SOMETHING ELSE. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE LIVESTOCK, THEN DON'T BUY IT. HE GAVE YOU A SUPER SPECIAL DEAL AND NOW LOOK AT WHAT HAPPEN. COUPLE OF BAD GRAPES ( CRYBABIES ) RUIN IT FOR ALL OF US. THANKS ALOT......:smash:

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Rich,
Don't give these guys an excuse for you to jack the prices up and lose major biz. Keep giving your prices but the new rule is once it leaves the store it's your and there is no guarantee.trust me, that's the way to do it right. You will lose biz with the way you want to do it. Take it from a professional retailer for over 30 years. My way will teach a lesson and secure your future biz. Raising prices will just make everyone go somewhere else.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Yes. Unfortunately this is the nature of the business. You cannot make everyone happy. The price is right for some.. and some just too much. I think you guys are on the right track, but pricing with a large mark up would force others to purchase elsewhere.
You guys have great pricing on products right now... stick with it.

ps... and I wont mention that I was kicked out the store for being a few mins late.. :p
jk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: