Erics210

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a 3 inch chalice that I have had for a month or so, and was adding my new salt water for my water change today and actually had it a higher concentration to bring up my sg a point or so. I dumped the contents of the container directly into the display tank and my chalice has the under skeletono in a bunch of areas now. I guess I burned it with the salt that was undisolved ? Any chance it may bounce back or goner?

Will try and get a picture

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
If there is still tissue and the entire thing isn't burned then you may have a chance. i have a pumpkin chalice that i thought was a goner due to about 75% of it receding the last time I had a salinity issue (low!). It is now 100% healed after 2 months of growing back.i didn't do anything special. I just left it in the same spot, and fixed my salinity issue.

I've had other chalices do the same.

Erics210

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If there is still tissue and the entire thing isn't burned then you may have a chance. i have a pumpkin chalice that i thought was a goner due to about 75% of it receding the last time I had a salinity issue (low!). It is now 100% healed after 2 months of growing back.i didn't do anything special. I just left it in the same spot, and fixed my salinity issue.

I've had other chalices do the same.

Thanks.

Will help me sleep better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: