• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

antole

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So santa (AKA my wife) gave me a new apex controller for christmas with all the trimmings. And my birthday is next week. I currently dose 2 part and I am looking to supplement it with Kalk to raise my PH. So I was thinking of buying a Kalk stirrer for my birthday, and using the ph probe to control it for my ato. I figured if ph is below 8.3 then use pump A to dose Kalk through a reactor if it is 8.3 or above then use pump B to use regular rodi. My question is does this make sense or will it not work? Just trying to get rock solid parameters. Any idea what this will do to my alk/cal levels? I evaporate about 2.5 gals a day on a 90 gallon. My ato is on a dual float switch with redundancy for protection, as well as if I decide to do this I will get a second ph probe for redundancy

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Dosing kalkwasser based on pH might cause instability to your calcium and alkalinity levels. Have a few guests over and spend some time looking at the tank, and your pH will drop thus adding more kalk than usual. I would just dose kalk via ATO based on evaporation levels and adjust your 2 part dosing accordingly.

Don't forget to use your Apex's ability of maximum ON time for your ATO pump. I don't know the exact programming statement for Apex as I have a Profilux. Also another failsafe statement for the Apex you should consider using would be -- If pH > 8.4 Then OFF.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: