Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am having a lilttle algae problems I check my phosphates in my tank with a hanna checker there at 0. My rodi water when i test it is 0.02 and my tds meter always says zero. I am wondering where my algae problem could be coming from. I am running gfo and charcoal in separate reactors. nitrates are 0 test with a api kit. I will say this is a hurricane sandy survive tank so there were deaths in here although now my tank is restocked.

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero PO4 or NO3 does not mean no algae problems. What is your pH and Alk ? Algae and corals can suck the P04 and NO3 out of the water says fast as it enters the water showing zero. Slow / poor circulation and poor or incorrect lighting can also cause algae issues. Also, what kind of Alage is it ? Often no Algae or lots of it is some nutrient we have not figured out yet.

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As pointed out your Alk is very low. Low Alk often fuels Algae growth, as does low pH to a degree.

1.94 meq/l

Natural Seawater is 2.25 meq/l. You need to get at least to that and more like 3.0 meq/l - 3.5 meq/l

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: