mu8st7ang

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a 90 gallon with 30 gallon sump.
I'm not growing much coralline and my corals aren't growing all that much. Here are my readings these were all done with brand new test kits
API cal test 580
API alk test 11kh
Salifert mg test 1500
Any suggestions? I just did a water change again. I was doing the 2 part but stopped the cal part 2 weeks ago

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a water sample to a good LFS and have them test it. Also, test a fresh batch of new seawater to see what you get. It sounds like you have been over dosing with two-part and your tank demands are very low. And who's salt are you using ? For now, what ever you do, DO NOT add any kind of sup's, especially stuff/crap like Purple Tech. WC are the best way to lower them. As far as your coral and coralline not growing well, iit may have nothing to do with these high levels and could be a lighting or just bad water issue.

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take note that your Alk is the same, 11 dKH. So, either you are adding to much of the Calcium sup or you have a Cal sup that is to concentrated = bad batch. Or, you are adding allot of extra 2-part Alk buffer and by luck you came up with 11 dKH for both but I do not buy that. There is a rule in chemistry. For every 20 ppm the calcium drops there has to be at least a drop in Alk of 2.8 dKH, ie., if that 440 ppm Ca++ dropped to 420 ppm, that dKH will fall to at least 8.2 dKH and more that likely into the 7's.

mu8st7ang

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
After getting my new ro and stopped dosing for awhile here are my new readings
Mag 1470
Cal 460
Alk 7
Sal 1.024
Also

Bought a few frags to see how they would do. The milli is growing good and holding its color well. The red cap turned pink and seems to be bleaching out. What would cause this

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: