Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Hi everyone. Thanks for your input in advance. I currently have a modified biocube 29. Previously (2yrs) it held mostly LPS, zoas and softies. I never dosed the tank and my monitoring included occassional local fish store checks.

For the last 2 months I have been making the tank more and more SPS heavy (Thanks to my new Radion LED light!) The tank is doing great. For the last 2 months I have been monitoring KH, Ca, salitity and plan to soon add Mag, pH, nit and phos to my monitoring.

When I started monitoring in Feb 2013 (prior to dosing), my calcium was near 600 and my KH around 7.5-8. I started dosing KH and as I brought the KH closer to 8.5-9.5 the calcium dropped to 450-500. I was dosing KH every other day or so during feburary to maintain these values similar to the attached picture. Attached is a picture of my readings and dosings for March. Above the line in the middle of the chart I was using Reef Crystals and below the line I started using regular Instant Ocean (water change done 3/14 pm). I top off almost daily with RO water and do weekly 5g RO water changes.

My question has to with the fact that I have not dosed my tank since 3/14 and all the values seem stable. Is this normal?

Thank you,
Jeff

Attachments

• jefftank.JPG
    jefftank.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 202

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: