wharris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been using coral pro salt and my calcium was reading 489. I mix it at 35 ppt so according to the package it should mix between 455 to 475. So when i did a water change this morning I expected my Ca to lower. When I ran the test a half hour ago the reading came out at 540. What could be the cause? I use a hannah checker for all my tests. (atleast all the ones that they have available) Is this reading to high? Will my tank be ok? Its a mixed sps/lps tank with a few zoas.

Other parameters:
Alk 8.848 dkH
Mg 1340

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re- Read the instructions carefully and try again. I hope you know the accuracy of this meter is not all that good. It is 6 + / 3% % of the reading. That means if the meter reads 500 ppm your calcium level is somewhere between 470 to 530 and you don't know where. Did you mix the dry salt mix well before you added it to the water. Salt particles settle out as a function of density and particle size and can give off readings.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: