Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i dont. i just make sure salinity and temp are in the same ball park. the reason for the water changes, from my understanding, is to help replenish some of the trace elements as well as remove dirty water.

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
Nope. I get the salinity in the range where it's supposed to be. I throw a heater in there when the RODI is almost complete. I don't bother taking temp readings since it'll be close enough with a heater in there for a couple hrs. Whatever the differential in temp/salinity is won't have a drastic effect on my tank if I'm only doing a 20% water change.

JBNY

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what your reason for doing water changes is. If you are trying to keep the tank stable or you want to maintain a certain level of ca/mg in the tank, yes you should test the water and raise the levels if you need to.

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per Joe it depends. If for some reason you pumped up your Calcium to high you would not want to pump up the new water. If on the other hand it was to low you may want to. Then there is the issue to just add the wanted sup if low after the WC.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: