BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Cant find a related thread, so if you know one please let me know, but so far I've learned the hard way that:

Pectinia Vs Chalice = Chalice WINNER
Acan Lord Vs Australomussa = Australomussa WINNER
Red Planet Acro Vs Acan Bowerbenki = Bowerbenki WINNER
Bowerbenki Vs Scoly = Bowerbenki WINNER
Purple Rim Montipora Vs Acan Lord = Monti WINNER
tabling acropora Vs "war" favia = Acro WINNER

The losers experienced tissue loss, Scoly recovered yet has Light Blue streaks where contact occured, Pectinia total irreversable death.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I'm not a biologist but believe there are many more factors that go into who wins and who loses.

I'm surprised that a Monti won over an acan - I have never seen that in my years of reefing.

what's the control point no these subjects? Not trying to be skeptical, but curious on how the experiment was conducted. Reason why is I experimented with competing species to accelerate growth in a small-scale frag farm and found some interesting things happening that were unconventional.

House

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'm not a biologist but believe there are many more factors that go into who wins and who loses.

I'm surprised that a Monti won over an acan - I have never seen that in my years of reefing.

what's the control point no these subjects? Not trying to be skeptical, but curious on how the experiment was conducted. Reason why is I experimented with competing species to accelerate growth in a small-scale frag farm and found some interesting things happening that were unconventional.

House

theres not really a control point, its pretty much what I find out my snails did then i report the crime scene as i see it. My first post was because of an avalanche that Im sure one of my larger snails caused and that was the aftermath.
looking back i gotta say i don't see how a monti won that neither.:scratch:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: