debbythefowler

bona-fide REEF NUT
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i have 3/4 gallon of Aquavitro Balance that I was using before I got my drip-2-stabilize my ph where I want it. i'm bringing the bottle to the swap - do you want it? (until you decide what direction you want to take, it works like a champ. (Although expensive) - and my tank is big (180+40sump) -

debby

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Irasser

Open the windows and shut off the calcium reactor CO2 for one day and measure the tank pH. Based on your posted parameters the pH should be near 8.3. You may have some tank CO2 issues adding to your high indoor air CO2 issues. Also try taking a liter and putting it outside for 24 hrs under high aeration and do the same with a liter right next to the tank both with reactor off and 2 tests, 1 windows open and 1 windows closed. The differential will tell us what is what. Meaning, just high room air CO2 and / or tank issue CO2. And furnace or AC off. At times some people do have internal CO2 issues.

lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My issue was CO2 related since the beginning. I knew that but was trying to find options other then leaving my windows open all year. I purchased an Avast kalk reactor and dose a consistent amount each day then allow my ATO to still finish the top off. This has avoided the ALK swings from the kalk. This had a double effect. The kalk raised the PH and also allowed me to dial back the reactor. I'm consistent from 7.9 - 8.2 now and my growth rate has exploded. Everyone seems to love the raised ph and kalk/reactor combo.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: