DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hey guys. so im looking to go mostly SPS with a few LPS. on my RSM 130D 34gallon, i used to use ME CORAL cal, alk, and magnesium. I have the eshopps 2 part doser, and dosed cal and alk throughout the day. i maniually added magnesium. i havent started dosing yet since i started the new 50g. i was thinking of going back to the 'OG' ESV 2 part for dosing cal and alk. is this the 'gold standard' for dosers still? its a lot cheaper to use ESV, but if theres other brands that you guys recommend, fee free to chime in.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I've been using ESV for 20 yrs. and have never had a complaint. They are the original 2-part manufacturer, maintain tight quality control, don't make ridiculous claims, are a local business and a longtime supporter of MR. Some of the smartest, nicest people you'll ever meet.
Thanks. and I definitely trust your opinions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I have never used ME corals so don't make any claims about the actual product itself but when I have seen them at swaps they are really trying to sell their product. Again that is just part of doing business but Bob at ESV not only is the man but makes a damn good product that sells itself.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Del, I just bought from this company. It's really cheap and high quality. I haven't used it yet but can't wait to try it. I'm finishing BRS two parts first. I ordered like 3 years amount at more than half the cost. Order the 8lbs bag and makes like 8 gals for $30. Customer service excellent. ESV like $20 a gal ...save you a lot of money Especally when you start going through a gallons a month. Go to site and watch videos and a lot of information. This product should be in every LFS and would save the hobbyists a lot of money.
https://sraquaristik.com/product/2-part-kit-dry-large/
https://sraquaristik.com

Last edited:

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I have never used ME corals so don't make any claims about the actual product itself but when I have seen them at swaps they are really trying to sell their product. Again that is just part of doing business but Bob at ESV not only is the man but makes a damn good product that sells itself.
yup. and I have used esv in the past with great success. just like to see if there's anything better/easier. but I'll be ordering esv today.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Del, I just bought from this company. It's really cheap and high quality. I haven't used it yet but can't wait to try it. I'm finishing BRS two parts first. I ordered like 3 years amount at more than half the cost. Order the 8lbs bag and makes like 8 gals for $30. Customer service excellent. ESV like $20 a gal ...save you a lot of money Especally when you start going through a gallons a month. Go to site and watch videos and a lot of information. This product should be in every LFS and would save the hobbyists a lot of money.
https://sraquaristik.com/product/2-part-kit-dry-large/
https://sraquaristik.com
my tank is only a 50g, and I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment, so i can't buy big amounts of anything because theres no where to store it hahaha. I'm good with the 64oz bottles. but thanks for the tips.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
my tank is only a 50g, and I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment, so i can't buy big amounts of anything because theres no where to store it hahaha. I'm good with the 64oz bottles. but thanks for the tips.

Im with you,, I bought Red Sea's powder mix thinking I was saving,, then I had to buy containers to mix everything,, deal with the fact that chemicals get really hot when you mix them and it was more problems than it was worth. Back to ESV and never looking back

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Del, I can understand you have no room. They sell quarts and gallons already made up.. With all the stuff to buy in this hobby. One must start thinking the cost. Buying 8 gals of Alk and 8 gals of Cal. Cost for ESV say $20 a gal would be $320 for 16 gallons together. Where SR would be $30. It's pharmaceutical grade all same stuff. Some people might have to buy Magnesium and see the price ESV charges for epsom salt. No looking back in my pockets.. Especally when the result will be same. ESV is a good product, I just can't pay $20 a gallon. When it's costing them $3 to make or cost you to buy baking soda at store....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: