• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

drmike

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help, I lost the instructions for my calcium test kit. Hagen Can anyone help me with the steps and the number of drops for each step.

I had a beautiful, 185 reef tank of 9 years. I had to move and with the new set up I lost all my sps corals and clams. I just gave up after that, I was so dissappointed.

I am just getting back into my reef. I got discouraged 2 years ago and haven't checked any chem. levels in 2 years. Surprisingly most everything has survived after the inital kill off and some animals have flourished. Sometimes less is more but I wouldn't recommend it. I just let nature take its course for the past 2 years. I fed the fish and kept the glass clean. but that's about it.

My frogspawn and button polyps have exploded everything else has held its own.

I am adding sps corals back to the tank and want to check my calcium levels.

Current parameters: I am happy the chemistry is not too far off for complete neglect.

185 gal reef, 30 gal sump
3 - 150 watt metal halide - 2 T5 actinic
Berlin skimmer
Korallin calcium reactor never hooked up
Kalkwasser was added when ever I felt like it. Maybe once every couple months

No water changes in 2 years

Ph 8.3
Alk. no idea
Specific Gravity 1.025
Calcium: no idea
Nitrates: 0

drmike

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my Local Fish Store and they gave the instructions. As predicited my calcium is low. (340)

I still don't know what my Alk. is.

Anyone with suggestions on setting up a Calcium reactor? I have a Korellin c-1502.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: